Actual post excerpts can now be shown rather than the post content itself just limited in length. Post text can be hidden, e.g. if you just want to show post titles. Meta data can be shown to display the post date and author name. HTML content can be stripped from the shortened posts (if not using the excerpt). Post titles can be hidden.
- use_wp_excerpt – show the WP generated excerpt or the excerpt if defined for the post
- strip_html : attempts to strip all HTML content (if not using use_wp_excerpt option)
- hide_post_content : set to ‘true’ to only show the post titles
- show_meta : set to ‘true’ to show post date and author name
- hide_post_title : set to ‘true’ to hide the post title, e.g. if you just want to show one post using post_id